Administration and Relationship Manager
The mission of Beth Tikvah Congregation is to cultivate Conservative Judaism and enrich the Jewish identity, unity, continuity and heritage of our supportive and caring community through Torah study, meaningful worship, acts of loving kindness, support for Israel and celebration of Shabbat, Jewish Holy Days, Simchas and life cycle ceremonies.
The Administration and Relationship Manager (ARM) reports to the Secretary of the Board of Directors. The ARM is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the synagogue and all matters related to life cycle events and Shabbat activities as well as support for the board and Rabbi. We rely on the ARM to represent a strong positive image and establish strong relationships with all members of the synagogue and broader community, in person and on the phone in the office, as well as through electronic media. Regular scheduled office availability is required as is availability for some meetings and events after regular hours.
- Front line intake by telephone, e-mail and in person for inquiries about participation and involvement.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of community members and connections with individuals.
- Manage membership lifecycle events in conjunction with the community, Rabbi and staff.
- Liaise with kitchen/daycare and other internal departments, facility users.
- Liaise with utilities, city/provincial authorities.
- Maintain calendars and schedules for major programs and the Rabbi.
- Maintain and populate website and manage social media presence in conjunction with the board, Rabbi and staff.
- Weekly and monthly administrative tasks including Shabbat (Sabbath) bulletin, participation lists, reminders to community members, monthly calendars, arrange donation and memorial cards and reminders.
- Manage office requirements and various day-to-day premises issues and administrative support for board and committee members.
- Attend all Board meetings and the AGM.
- Demonstrated Office Administrator experience within a dynamic private or public institution.
- Possess an effective working knowledge of communication techniques and tools necessary for administrative and relations activities, including but not limited to: proficiency in the many tools in Microsoft office Suite, as well as social media such as website maintenance, Facebook, and others.
- Proficient in engaging with staff and public at all levels and positive demeanour supporting volunteers in committee initiatives.
- Some understanding of Jewish traditions and community organizations would be a benefit.
- Outgoing personality, pleasant and welcoming.
- Be relationship driven.
- Be able to multitask.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Well organized.
- Superior written and spoken English.
- Flexibility in work hours.
Resumes to be forwarded in confidence to Erez Harel (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1st, 2019. Only those applicants moving to the next step in the process will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the Administration and Relationship Manager role at Beth Tikvah.