|Programming and Social Media Coordinator
(Part-time maternity leave coverage position: March 1 through November 30, 2018)
Beth Tikvah Synagogue in Richmond is a dynamic and vibrant community. As part of the conservative movement, we are an egalitarian, warm and inclusive institution that services the religious, cultural, and social needs of Richmond and the surrounding areas.
The Programming and Social Media Coordinator (PSMC) supports the mission and values of Beth Tikvah Synagogue in coordinating, promoting, and supporting programming, as well as administrative support for the Preschool and Religious School.
• The PSMC serves as a resource to the Board of Directors in respect of programming. The role has strong components of engagement, program development, outreach, and communications.
• Using social media and relationship-building to develop and carry-out religious, social, and cultural programming.
• Promoting active and broad volunteer participation in all areas of the organization’s work.
Religious School Responsibilities:
• Supporting the principal/Rabbi in administrative support for the synagogue’s (40 students) religious school and pre-school.
• Ensuring classroom facilities are assigned and set up and the supply closet is stocked and organized.
• Other duties as assigned for example, coordinating child-minding and youth programming on the Sabbath and High Holidays.
Up to 30 flexible hours per week with less during part of the summer. Note that weekend coverage (Sunday mornings) during the religious school year will be expected.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to leverage social media for outreach and marketing.
• An ability to work collaboratively with the Rabbi, staff, volunteers, and board.
• Personal engagement in synagogue activities and services to cultivate and nurture relationships.
• Help foster a warm and caring environment so the synagogue continues to be a place where congregants and staff feel welcome, respected, nurtured, and appreciated.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 23, 2017.